Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Humor Me

Yesterday started a new stage of communication in our home. IntelliGent started telling jokes. His delight in being silly and playing with language kept Dr. Dad and I grinning.

Currently, IntelliGent's jokes revolve around changing the words of familiar nursery rhymes. He thinks it is hilarious. Here are a few of his favorites.

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a car."

"Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of juice."

"Mary had a little lamb whose fleece was white as ice."

"Little Miss Muffet sat on a mountain."

Each time he follows with a "ha ha. I chose a joke." I know, I'll probably get tired of hearing these eventually, but for now it is fun. It makes me remember the days when simple things brought so much joy. Wouldn't you be happy if "the dish ran away with the carrot" at the end of Hey Diddle Diddle?

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! Wait until he discovers knock-knock jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to watch his humor change and grow as he does.

      Delete

Thank you! I appreciate hearing what you have to say.